A meme - Tagged by Mie at Kokochi.
1. At the age of 5 in 1975 we took a family holiday to the UK to visit relatives and while sightseeing in London I vomited on the feet of a guard outside Buckingham Palace. The guard didn’t bat an eyelid but then they are famous for this. I blame the dodgey croissants that I was forced to eat for breakfast when all I wanted to have was cereal. We visited the Palace on our next trip in 1979 and my father spotted a stain on the footpath and claimed that it was the one that I left four years earlier. I was mortified.
2. I used to have a terrible phobia of horses possibly due to a fall when I was quite young. My mother, who grew up on a farm and rode everyday, was trying to teach me how to ride while visiting some friends in the country but the horse was spooked by some wild horses in the next paddock and I was thrown. In my late 20’s I briefly dated a guy who played polo (in PNG of all places) and he forced me to get back on a horse and get over my fear.
3. When I was around 8 years old I ate talcum powder just to see what it tasted like. It made me vomit. I was always a curious child!!
4. At the age of 21, I was married -briefly - to somebody who didn’t know how to stop dating other people. It only lasted 18 months but it wasn’t until two years later that the divorce was finalised. It was a learning experience abeit very trying.
5. I have lived with 4 cats.
Sammy Davis Jr (Samantha) - a tabby - who was sadly hit by a car in 1979.
Rubric Lilac Lite Sabre (Sabre) - a lilac Burmese - who we bought as a kitten in 1980 and lived until the right old age of 18 until his kidneys failed.
Audrey - a russian blue from an animal shelter - currently living the life of a pampered princess with friends of my mothers at the Gold Coast.
TuTu - a white temple cat/japanese fighting cat - rescued at a Meguro temple by Mie and often featured on this blog as she is my princess.
COMMENTS CLOSED DUE TO SPAMMERS
OfferingsCommenting is not available in this channel entry.
Send this article to a friend